We can represent companies and other organisations faced with personal injury and loss claims. More specifically, we can act for:
- Trade Unions
- Public land owners
- Private land owners
- Public bodies including schools and charities
There are numerous situations in which you may be faced with a claim and require specialist advice, such as:
- When you have no insurance in place to cover such a claim
- When you do have insurance but your policy excess is higher than the claim amount or likely claim value
At Gerard McDermott QC Ltd, we may be able to help you by:
- Advising on the whether a claim made against you has reasonable prospects of being defended
- Preparing correspondence to help you respond to a claim
- Drafting court papers and handling the defence of your case through court action
- Advising on making an early settlement offer to help conclude a matter and keep legal costs down.
- Appearing on your behalf in court.
We can also advise you on any employment law matters in which you may need legal advice or representation. In particular, we can advise on the following issues:
- Equal pay
Gerard McDermott QC has appeared in court at all levels up to the House of Lords and the European Court of Justice. He has particular expertise in employment cases which involve a European element, such as transfer of undertakings.
We aim to agree a funding solution which suits you best, whether by way of fixed fees or hourly rate charges.
If you would like to make an enquiry or receive an initial free consultation, then please contact us on 0161 304 4308 or email [email protected]