Serious Injuries Abroad
Gerard is routinely instructed to represent those who suffer brain, spinal and other serious injuries in accidents both in the UK and abroad. Examples of his case results can be found here.
Gerard is more than aware of the additional difficulties faced by those who have been injured overseas. After any serious accident, individuals and their families have to turn their minds to:
- The immediate clinical needs of the injured and the cost of dealing with those needs
- Travel insurance issues
- Liaison with clinical services on return
- Liaison with medical experts for the purpose of the claim
- Understanding very different legal processes.
Gerard is recommended in the UK Bar Guide for his expertise in Travel Law. He has an increasing number of cases with a cross border element to them. He also has specialist knowledge of conflicts of law and has been instructed in some of the leading cases in this area.
Whilst Gerard acts in a number of Personal Injury cases, he also has experience in a number of other areas of law including Product Liability, Employment Law and Commercial Law. As a result, he is happy to advise clients in a broad range of disputes arising overseas.
Gerard has been admitted as Attorney-at-Law in New York (non-practising) for over twenty years. Gerard is also very involved in a number of associations:
- Former Leader of the European Circuit of the Bar
- Former President of the American Counsel Association
- American Bar Association (in particular the Section of Litigation)
- American Association for Justice
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Bar European Group and European Circuit
Accidents in the USA
If you or a relative has been injured whilst in the US, then we can help you.
Gerard has been admitted as Attorney-at-Law in New York for over twenty years (non-practising). Gerard is also very involved in a number of associations.
- Former President of the American Counsel Association;
- American Bar Association (in particular the Section of Litigation);
- American Association for Justice,
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation;
Gerard has developed, over 25 years, relationships with leading US leading lawyers so as to offer a better service to clients. He regularly visits America and has delivered a number of talks to various firms.
Gerard has developed a close relationship with Clifford Law Offices in Chicago. Clifford Law Offices has been selected by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® as a 2016 “Best Law Firm” in six legal categories. Bob Clifford, founder and senior partner was named 2012 Chicago Lawyer Person of the Year by the Chicago Lawyer magazine.
Visit www.cliffordlaw.com for more information.