If you have any complaint as to our service, we aim to deal with that complaint in a prompt, fair and effective manner.
Our complaints handling policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality, professional and courteous legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to monitor and improve our service. There will be no charge to you in respect of the time taken to resolve a complaint. We will investigate the claim objectively and aim to reach a speedy and positive resolution.
How to complain
In the first instance, you should direct your claim to the person dealing with your case. If you have a complaint, please give the details (by letter, email or telephone) to that individual.
All complaints received by us are recorded in a complaints register kept by this firm.
Where a quick resolution of your complaint is possible
It is possible that, after investigation, the individual case handler to whom you first notified your complaint can quickly resolve it to your satisfaction. The agreed resolution will be recorded in writing to you within 10 days and recorded in the complaints register.
If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction within 10 days of your first contacting us, then you can request of the individual dealing with your case that you wish to have your complaint considered by another person.
What will happen next?
- The Head of Legal Practice (HOLP) of the Company will then investigate your complaint and will:
- send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint (within three days of your requesting an investigation of your complaint by another partner) and enclosing a copy of this procedure; and
- review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- You will then be invited to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days following the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of his acknowledgement letter.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email: [email protected]
The Legal Ombudsman may be prepared to investigate your complaint if you satisfy the relevant criteria.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.